Are you are looking for the way to align your body, mind, and spirit?
Yoga can be the answer. Yoga is more than a physical workout! While developing flexibility and strength, yoga quiets the mind and engages the spirit. Combining asana, pranayama, and meditation can be your road to finding ease and fulfillment in your life.
Roxanna Gumiela, YTT 200, RYT 550, ECE, BA, MPA
Yoga instructor offering private, group, virtual, and face-to-face sessions.
Yoga has long been a passion for Roxanna, and became her career when she completed her yoga teacher training in 2018. Previously, Roxanna was an Early Childhood Educator and worked in that field, as well as social services for 32 years. Check out the My Style and Services tabs for more information.
What People Say
I have been doing both private classes in my home with Roxanna and her group classes on Zoom for the last 13 months. She is amazing at her ability to customize the yoga experience to meet your physical and emotional needs. She is very knowledgeable about the practice and is very adaptable by exploring new and varied moves that help you further develop your flexibility, breathing, stretching, and cardio. I have become much more flexible in my physical abilities, stress relieving exercises and breathing to help in stressful situations, and increased my stamina, mobility of joints, and cardio. Thank you for your commitment and passion for yoga and sharing this with me and others in our group.Cathy T.
For a few years now I have been practicing yoga with Roxanna as my teacher in private, group, and now virtual classes. I could not be more grateful for her carefully crafted workouts. Whether it is power or flow to challenge my physicality, or deep stretch to close out a stressful week, Roxanna’s vast wheelhouse caters to almost every need. No matter how cluttered my mind is when I start, I always walk away feeling recentered, relaxed, and rejuvenated.Aurelea G.
I absolutely love Roxanna’s Zoom yoga classes. She gives very clear and professional instruction, and she is really friendly and welcoming! Her classes are a real bright light during this pandemic. Thanks so much Roxanna, I would love to continue and learn more yoga from you!Brigitta G.
I am so grateful for Roxanna’s regular weekly classes. They have provided me with a great at-home yoga routine during an out-of-routine time in my life. I love that Roxanna’s classes are a great workout, a good challenge and very versatile. It is fun to practice with other yogis as well instead of always on my own. I know I have become stronger, happier, more relaxed and more flexible because of these classes!Emily G.
Roxanna’s yoga therapy sessions helped me in many ways but here are a few key areas:Val P.
1) They were tailored to my needs and that helped me feel like I was being taken care of;
2) The appointment is so important. PTSD with its anxiety brings a lot of self-criticism and causes depression which might prevent me from doing the very things that will make me feel better;
3) The practice reduced my anxiety and made me stronger which helped with self-esteem and anxiety around that.
- Oouch! Cramps – cramps in the toes, calf, or hamstring?You are deep in your Eka Pada Rajakapotasana /Pigeon Pose: using your Ujjayi breathing, taking that breath right down into your hips, relaxing your shoulders, releasing your jaw, when all of a sudden your hamstring cramps! It sneaks up on you, but once it’s there, there is no denying it, and usually nothing to do,Continue reading “Oouch! Cramps – cramps in the toes, calf, or hamstring?”
- Yoga to Enhance FertilitySeveral months ago, I wrote a blog on Yoga for Fertility. We looked at some breath work and relaxation to reduce stress and engage the parasympathetic system–rest and digest–and to calm the sympathetic system–fight/flight/freeze–which allows the body to become a welcoming environment for the development of a new life! That was just before the COVIDContinue reading “Yoga to Enhance Fertility”
- Missing Your Yoga Community during COVID 19 Physical Distancing?COVID 19 has turned our world upside down. We are social beings, meant to be together with others, to share our lives, our thoughts, our feelings, and our activities. Suddenly that sense of belonging, of being with others, of sharing our lives, and our interests, has been taken away from us in our attempts toContinue reading “Missing Your Yoga Community during COVID 19 Physical Distancing?”